Each student is personally responsible for finding his/her own housing. We highly recommend finding a room BEFORE your arrival.
Please also mind that you can contact your fellow students from the older cohorts, who might a) know a room or b) be able to look for local offers for you!
Cost of Private Housing:
At the moment, rooms in Munich are expensive and very difficult to find. An inexpensive small single room in a shared apartment of two to four persons usually costs approximately 300-400 € per month. Students should plan their finances accordingly.
Money deposits are generally required for the rental of all rooms and apartments, including student housing. For student dormitory rooms, a deposit of approximately 200 € is required. For private rooms and apartments, deposits may be required, generally in the amount of three months’ rent. Housing deposits are held by the owner for the length of the rental contract and are returned in full at the time of departure, assuming there is no damage to the premises.
- Student housing rooms vary in location, luxury and price from 150 to 250 € per month.
- Waiting time at the moment can be between 1 & 5 semesters. Even if no rooms are available at the time of application, we highly recommend putting your name on the waiting list.
- The M.Sc. Psychology: Learning Sciences unfortunately cannot provide reserved student housing for its participants. Students who have received their acceptance letters from the program, the Zulassungsbescheid from the University of Munich and are under 30 years of age may apply for student housing in person at the following address:
- Studentenwerk München (Student Dormitory Housing)
+49 (0) 89 38 19 60
Long Term Housing Help
Students who, for whatever reasons, are not allowed or willing to make use of the Student Housing Office (Studentenwerk) may also search for rooms and apartments through commercial housing companies such as the following:
- City-Mitwohnzentrale - Lämmerstr. 4 - Tel. +49 (0) 89 194 30
Mr. Lodge Wohnen auf Zeit - Barer Str. 32 - Tel. +49 (0) 34 08 23 0 ? http://www.mrlodge.de
- Jump In Hostel/Wohnheim - Hochstr. 51 - Tel. +49 (0) 89 48 95 34 37
- Mitwohnzentrale an der Uni - Tel. +49 (0) 89 28 10 88 - http://www.mwz-munich.de
- Search in the WWW: - http://www.immobilienscout24.de , http://www.immobilo.de, http://immobilienmarkt.sueddeutsche.de
For a complete list of hotels, pensions, and hostels in Munich, please contact the Munich Tourist Office at the following number: Tel. 233 03 00, where information regarding hotel reservations can also be requested. The Munich Tourist Office also speaks English. For English information on the city of Munich and more, see: