- Year of birth: 1981
Master of Arts in Psychology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Bachelor of Arts in Education, Sungshin Women's University, Seoul, Korea
Positions in the past
- Mar 2009 – Jan 2010, Program specialist at Korean Educational Development Institute (KEDI), Educational Statistics and Information Research Division, Seoul, Korea
- Jan 2010 – Dec 2010, Research associate at Korean Educational Development Institute (KEDI), School Policy Research Division, Seoul, Korea
- 2012-present, doctoral candidate in the Doctoral Training Program Learning Sciences, LMU
- 2013-present, research associate at REASON (ENB), LMU
Title: Peer assessment of direct performance on scientific reasoning and argumentation tasks in higher education
Involved staff & Contact person:
- Project leader: M.A. Ji-hye Kim (email@example.com)
- First advisor: Prof. Dr. Jan-Willem Strijbos
- Second advisor: Prof. Dr. Ingo Kollar
- International advisor: Dr. Dominique Sluijsmans (Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands)
This research project investigates theoretical and practical issues that emerge from involving students as assessors during direct performance on scientific reasoning and argumentation tasks in higher education. This project has three goals: (a) to advance the theoretical foundations for involving students in the assessment, (2) to investigate and find the optimal level and type of support needed to maximize the benefit of student involvement in the assessment, (c) to generate evidence on student involvement from research in a naturalistic university setting.
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Cognitive process of performance rating/ Assessment literacy/ Assessment training
- Performance-based assessment/ Peer-assessment/ Formative feedback
- Monitoring and Evaluation of educational interventions or policies
- Kim, J.-H., Strijbos, J. W., & Kollar, I. (2014, August). Involving student assessors in direct-performance assessment: A qualitative content analysis of provided feedback. Paper presented the EARLI SIG-1 conference, Madrid, Spain.
- Strijbos, J. W., Kim, J.-H., & Kollar, I. (2013, September). Bewertungen von Leistungen von Erstsemesterstudierenden in einem performanzbasierten Assessment: Ist Peer-Rating eine Option? [Performance-based assessment of first semester students: Is peer-rating an option?]. Paper presented at the PAEPS conference, Hildesheim, Germany.
- Kim, J.-H., Strijbos, & Kollar, I. (2013, August). Performance-based assessment for diagnosing beginners: The viability of involving peer-raters. Paper presented at the 15th biennial EARLI conference, Munich, Germany.
- Kim, J.-H., Strijbos, J. W. & Kollar, I. (2013, August). Performance-based assessment for diagnosing beginners: The viability of involving peer-rates. Poster presented at the JURE 2013 conference, Munich, Germany