REASON invites up to 45 PhD students from around the globe to participate at the International Spring School on “Measuring Scientific Reasoning and Argumentation”. Participation includes the opportunity to present a poster on your own PhD project and to participate in scientific keynote talks and workshops.
Participation is based on an initial selection process. In the first stage PhD students send their application material following the General Application Guidelines until the 31st of October, 2014. After receiving all the materials, in a second stage, the Scientific Committee will evaluate them in a blind-review system. Finally, applicants will be notified by the 30th of November 2014 about their acceptance. There is no registration fee for the accepted 45 applicants! All the accepted PhD students are welcome to participate in the program of the REASON International Spring School 2015.
REASON offers two modes of participation:
- Participation and travel grant:
To grant PhD students without funding the opportunity to participate at the Spring School, REASON offers up to 15 travel grants of up to 500 €. Selection will be based upon the evaluation of applications by the scientific committee of the International Spring School.
- Participation without travel grant:
PhD students with funding may apply for participation without a travel grant.
In any case, participants need to follow the General Application Guidelines:
- Fill in the downloadable Application Form.
- Write a short (up to 500 words) abstract of your PhD project which specifically explicates the relation of your work to the topic of scientific reasoning and argumentation.
- Write a short (up to 500 words) statement of your motivation to participate at the International Spring School.
- Submit these three documents to until the 31st of October, 2014.
Once we received all the applications, the scientific committee will evaluate them and you receive a notification of acceptance until the 30th of November the latest.