Workshop by Dr. Daniël Lakens
The international doctoral school REASON ENB is happy to announce the upcoming visit and workshop held by Dr. Daniël Lakens, Assistant Professor in Applied Cognitive Psychology at the Eindhoven University of Technology.
The workshop on “Practical Recommendations to Increase the Informational Value of Studies” will take place on Thursday, 18.05 - Friday, 19.05.2017 in Leopoldstr 13, Room 3221 and will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to R and R Studio illustrating basic concepts in statistical inferences through simulations
- Discussion on whether it is possible to falsify hypotheses in science
- Bayesian and Frequentist methods
- Sample size justification
- Effect sizes from the published literature
Participation is only possible after prior registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.